A nnounced this morning, the Beta 1.8 patch is now available on Steam for PC users. This patch fixes various bugs and will eventually be available on all platforms in the coming weeks. Bug Fixes include:
- General memory and stability improvements
- Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip
- Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked
- Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs
- Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly
As always, make sure you backup your save game files before opting into the Beta as you may need to revert back to them later if there are any issues with the update. There is a guide on the Bethesda forums here.
To opt into the Beta, follow these steps: (Courtesy of Bethblog)
- Log into Steam
- Click on Steam in the upper menu
- Select Settings
- Under the Account tab, go to the Beta Participation section and select Change.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Skyrim Beta.
- Select OK.
- Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.