PC and PS3 players – rejoice!! ’Dragonborn’, the latest DLC for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim arrives on PC on February 5th, with the PS3 version not far behind. ’Dragonborn’ first hit the market on December 4 on Xbox 360. Bethesda responded to fan speculation by stating that the content would arrive for PC and PS3 in early 2013.
Well folks, guess what? The wait is (almost) over. Earlier today, Pete Hines from Bethesda sent out this tweet:
Dragonborn out Feb. 5 for PC. Also out for PS3 in Feb (date TBA), followed by Hearthfire and Dawnguard (also Feb.) Each 50% off first week.
— Pete Hines (@DCDeacon) January 18, 2013
Perhaps the most important tidbit of news is that both Dawnguard and Hearthfire will also be released in for PS3 at 50% off for the first week, providing some reprieve for PS3 fans of Skyrim.
Reviews for the Xbox version of ‘Dragonborn’ have been overwhelmingly positive. Here’s what a few folks around the industry had to say:
- Attack of the Fanboy (Loved It) – Dragonborn is the best Skyrim Expansion to date because it gets back to the roots of what made Skyrim fun in the first place.
- Xbox 360 Achievements (9/10) – “… Bethesda have created here is exactly what Skyrim fans would have been crying out for… and that’s an experience that captures the brilliance of the main game but in a much more bitesize manner.”
- Videogamer.com (8/10) — “After completing the main quest in 11-12 hours, I still have a lot of side quests to complete, a majority of the map lies undiscovered and I haven’t even begun gathering all the new loot.”
- Kotaku – “Worth playing, worth exploring, worth leaping into like you’re starting Skyrim all over again.”
- While OXM UK and CVG haven’t completed their reviews, they’re already sharing live impressions from their experience
It remains to be seen how Bethesda’s latest content will fare on PC and PS3. My guess? People will love it. I for one can’t wait for the amazing mods that are bound to follow.
And so, let the countdown begin!
Shadow hide you.