The Quest Gaming Network is seeking a news writer to join their team covering breaking news for Rift, Elder Scrolls Online and General Gaming information. All applicants must submit a writing sample that demonstrates your writing skills and abilities. Submissions must be in a factual or opinion related manner, fiction pieces will not be considered.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Search the internet for news and information covering the topics QGN reports on
- Carry out assignments timely, accurately and completely and follow any directions pertaining to specific assignments
- Develop factual and opinion related pieces each week spanning the games and subjects QGN reports on
- Learn how to use the network’s web based resources in order to collaborate and then produce
- Be available for assignments at a moments notice
Qualified candidates must posses all or most of the following:
- Passion for gaming and the video game industry (Knowledgeable about Rift and Elder Scrolls Online a plus)
- Demonstrate proper grammar and above average writing skills
- Above average maturity and older than 23 years of age
- Extremely high work ethic with a “Take Charge” attitude
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Open availability Monday through Friday in the morning and afternoon a plus
- A working knowledge of WordPress and of HTML a plus
Qualified candidates must posses at least some form of education higher than a high school diploma. An associates degree from a 2 year accredited institution a plus, no less than 60 college credits. Education higher than listed a huge plus.
If interested, please email QuestGamingNetwork@Gmail.com with the subject line “Application For Writing Position” Links and file downloads will not be considered. Writing samples must be in the form of text, written in the email.