ESO Available For Preorder

The ElderScrollsOnlineImperialEdition610

ESO is now available to preorder for PC, Mac, PS4, and Xbox One. Along with this announcement, an Imperial Edition has been officially revealed. This set includes:

• Steelbook Packaging
  • Molag Bal statue
  • Map of Tamriel
  • 224 page “Emperor’s Guide to Tamriel”

It also includes exclusive digital content:

• White Imperial horse
  • Rings of Mara
  • A Mudcrab vanity pet
  • Ability to play as an Imperial in any alliance

Along with this Imperial Edition, every preorder comes with the Explorer’s Pack.

• Your characters can join any alliance, no matter race
  • Scuttler vanity pet
  • A bundle of four treasure maps

Both the Digital Standard Edition and Digital Imperial Edition include

• 5 days early access, allowing you 5 days early access to the game before official launch
  • 30 days of included game time

The Digital Standard Edition will be priced at $59.99 and the Imperial Digital Edition will be priced at $79.99 and be released on April 2014 on PC and Mac. ESO releases on PC and Mac on April 4, and on Xbox One and PS4 in June 2014.

In the meanwhile, check out their latest cinematic trailer, “Arrival”.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Editor for Quest Gaming Network and Co-Host of Elder Scrolls off the Record and Totally Heroes. Shank loves massive open-world Western RPG's. He is known to wander aimlessly for hours and generally ignores quests. While he also likes First Person Shooters, he sucks pretty bad at them. His first priority in any game he plays is graphics - an importance which he will argue to the death. Follow him on Twitter @ShankThTank

19 Responses to “ESO Available For Preorder” Subscribe

1. Sean January 29, 2014 at 10:44 am #

- Your characters can join any alliance, no matter race

This makes no sense to me. After all the talk about how it wasn’t going to happen, they neglected to tell us it was just that we were going to have to pre order. Seems silly to me.

2. Evarwyn January 29, 2014 at 10:48 am #

I have to change my underwear

3. Moro January 29, 2014 at 2:25 pm #

If I remember they kept saying they didn’t want to put content behind a pay wall that is why they went for a subscription.

Now they add an exclusive race to the Imperial edition?
    Not to mention, if you buy the Imperial or the digital standard edition you can play on any alliance with any race?

I was on the fence about this game. Not anymore. I will not be buying it because, to me, they are already creating pay walls for content and the game isn’t even out.

I already see in a couple of months Zenimax going back on their word about only giving services in the cash shop.

I got burned once already with GW2 and I’m not gonna give another company a chance to burn me again. So I guess this means I have to wait for the next Fallout and Elder Scrolls single player games.

• Zach D January 29, 2014 at 10:45 pm #

How is this in any way shape or form a pay gate????? name one game any that didn’t offer special exclusives to their collectors edition wow offers exclusive mounts and pets and I always buy the collectors….. This is awesome zenimax is stepping it up and offering a new race for collectors and a mount and pet this is a must for me the physical not the digital so sick

4. Cheesepleroma January 29, 2014 at 3:18 pm #

The physical Imperial Edition is priced at $100.00 according to their FAQ. That’s cheaper than Skyrim was, right? I’m thinking it was $120 or more. Decisions, I said I didn’t need a statue but Molag Bal looks badass and I want that book. As for the exclusive Imperial race, GOOD! I’ll take that as acceptance of being a loyal customer.

5. Malagos January 29, 2014 at 4:44 pm #

This was all a little suprising and I am glad they have given a few benefits of preordering. I will not be buying the imperial version because the only item I would actually use is the mount and im not sure its worth it.

I am glad they choose the option to have any race in any alliance as this seems alot more “realistic” (considering this is a fantasy game). However wont change the fact that I am with Kate B all the way!!!

So excited and second Evarwyn’s statement… this is my 2nd pair to pants.

Regards

Malagos

6. Fellenah January 29, 2014 at 5:26 pm #

I’m stoked about the news! I havn’t figured out why some people are complaining about it? There are usually perks w/ pre-ordering games and I believe the same “bonus” content will be available on the eso store anyways. The option to have any race per faction makes perfect since… If you have played the scrolls games, you are able to play all the races no matter what region the plot takes place. Thumbs up for me!

7. Stu January 29, 2014 at 9:10 pm #

Don’t understand all the hate for them actually making the Collector’s Edition “special” ???

I’m planning on getting it.

But I have a job, don’t expect free crap and do my best not to cry.

• shootyoureyeout January 31, 2014 at 12:39 pm #

Best thing I’ve read all day. My sentiments exactly.

8. Katugan January 29, 2014 at 11:35 pm #

I received spam from Game Stop that says Imperial Edition pre-orders get access five days early and Standard Edition pre-orders get only three. Yet, I saw another gaming site confirm what you are saying: 5 early days for every pre-order. I wonder which is true?

I’d love to hear on the podcast if the ability to be in any alliance with any race changes any of your minds about how you will play the game (what race and what alliance). Like Mr Shank here, I’m not a big MMO player. I’ve played a few, wander around by myself, have a bit of fun by myself (nothing weird), and then get bored and quit. What might change things with ESO for me isn’t necessarily that it’s Elder Scrolls. Rather, it will be because of the great community that this podcast is banding together. I love the podcasts. I love your extreme enthusiasm mixed with a welcoming “play the way you want to play” approach. This podcast, more that anything else, has made me excited for ESO.

Keep up the good work.

9. Zwyr January 30, 2014 at 7:27 am #

So… The game is still in closed beta, only 2(!) official gamefootages realased (both only pve!), NDA is still NOT lifted, but pre-order is opened. Nice.
    What’s more we have imperials as extra payed content (where is Matt Firror with his “no paywalls”?).
    GG ZOS.
    Oh, cinematic is really good.

• Jack A. January 30, 2014 at 11:16 am #

The Imperial comes early for pre-orders but I’m sure you’ll be able to unlock them in game, maybe after you complete the main quest line the race will open up to you,

10. Christopher January 30, 2014 at 11:10 am #

While I am excited and I had my preorder Gstop changed the minute I woke yesterday I must wonder about the ramifications of the join any alliance dlc. I am happy that my girlfriend can play a bosmer and play with me as a dunmer but I worry that casual MMO players will take this a step too far. If I’m playing and there are 200 dunmer fighting on one screen all on the different alliances I worry that the game will lose some of its magic. I mean who’s the real enemy?

• Reymas January 30, 2014 at 9:47 pm #

Races were NEVER the enemy. Faction =/= race.

11. Vincent January 30, 2014 at 12:56 pm #

As soon as I saw the video it was : SHUT IT , AND TAKE MY MONEY!

As for the extra content.
    - Imperial Race: nice bonus and as mentioned that race will probably be available to all in some fashion. However, the need to make the racials not to OP otherwise the QQs are going to be legion (haha Imperial/Legion :))
    - All races playable in any alliances: I mean look at Skyrim, you can basically be that already. There are plenty of NPC that deny their original alliance

The rest is just fine and goods.

12. steve January 30, 2014 at 9:17 pm #

Just pre ordered my Imperial edition!! Cannot wait!!
    That is all

13. Martin Baccetti January 30, 2014 at 10:22 pm #

I just purchased the Imperial Edition with the steel case , etc. etc.. !!! Can not wait till March 30th !!! Love the Podcasts !!!! Hope the time passes fast and we are not under Marshall Law by then under that Traitor and Muslim in office !!!! That is my biggest fear !!!! Have plenty of ammo in reserve !!!!!

14. eren hursit February 4, 2014 at 5:14 pm #

I purchased digital standard edition. Actually I had no other choice since I’m living in Turkey :) That statue rocks btw :)

15. Alan March 9, 2014 at 1:45 pm #

Well, that sucks, ESO Imperial Retail edition for pre-order is no longer available anywhere. Of course, it doesn’t help that it was only available at four different retail outlets in the U.S.

I barely learned that the pre-order was up last week.

I hope they release it again before April, probably not, but then a piece of me wanted to wait for the free-trial first anyhow.

I’ll think about it for another week or three, and then decide what I want to do.